The MHM food digester is a fully enclosed automatic composting machine that disposes of most food matter within 24 hours. Once it is installed, you can add waste food at any time and only decomposed food is discharged into the waste water.
Water is injected into the machine to maintain equilibrium for the microorganisms, to rapidly decompose the food, and to flush decomposed material out of the machine. A rotating arm inside the machine slowly churns the waste food to constantly mix the old food, new food, oxygen, and micro- organisms to enhance the decomposing function.
- Banana and Skin
- Fruit without Stones
- Fish and Bone
- Stew (when cool)
- Egg and eggshell
- Pineapple heads
The MHM food digester uses a series of processes in which micro- organisms break down biodegradable material in the presence of oxygen. The environment of the MHM food digester, with our proprietary mixture of microbes and enzymes, accelerates the digestion of most food products and bio-plastics within 24 hours. The output is grey water that is environmentally safe. You can discharge this down the drain or use it to enrich your landscape.
The MHM food digester is a practical alternative to the traditional disposal of waste food. Anything you can eat, including fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, cheese, bread, rice, and noodles can go into the MHM food digester. The machine can compost both raw and cooked foods. The process is totally green because it uses no chemicals.
As one of earths’ oldest processes, composting is the most effective means of stabilizing and converting biodegradable waste. The waste food is not being chopped but it is decomposed to such a degree that it becomes a liquid and can exit the machine only through a fine mesh screen. The rich by-product is therefore safe and replenishes nature.
- Decomposes waste food at your facility
- Food is decomposed within 24 hours
- Continuous process permits food to be added any time and machine doesn’t need emptying
- Discharge from machine is safe to enter sewage system
- Can be installed in kitchen or work area
- Simple and safe operation
- Color touch screen interface
- Weight of waste is continuously monitored and reported — shows statistics on usage and waste food digested
- Incorporates comprehensive diagnostics and service schedules
- Connects to the cloud so statistics on usage, diagnostics, and service schedules can be monitored remotely
- Air-tight tank provides quiet and odor-free operation
- All stainless steel construction
- Three year warranty
- World wide sales, service, and support
- Greatly reduces costs to dispose of waste food
- Reduces size, quantity, and smells of trash bins
- Eliminates flies and rodents that may be attracted to garbage bins containing waste food
- Saves time and injuries of employees carrying trash outdoors
- Weigh and dispose of waste food in one machine
- Waste food does not go to landfill where it creates methane
- Easily report CO2 equivalent diverted from landfill
- Key element in making a facility have zero waste
- Payback is typically 6 to 24 months
- Significantly reduces carbon footprint of business
The MHM food digester can be used to improve operations and save money at a variety of facilities that have waste food including:
- Hotels and resorts
- Corporate and university cafeterias
- Restaurants and highway service centers
- Theme parks, convention centers, and stadia
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Military canteens
- Bakeries and caterers
- Supermarkets and food distribution centers
- Cruise ships and oil tankers
- Remote camps for mining and humanitarian aid
- Island properties
When waste food is discarded in a landfill, it degrades as an anaerobic process (in the absence of oxygen). This decomposition produces methane (CH4) which is 72 times worse for the atmosphere in the short term than carbon dioxide (CO2). The effect of this on global warming is huge because the largest part of rubbish sent to landfills in the UK is waste food. Further, the decomposition smells and can cause health problems. Discarding 100 kg (220 lb) of waste food per day causes the equivalent of 153 tonne of CO2 per year to be sent to the atmosphere.
The MHM food digester is constantly digesting the waste and you can add waste food at any time. Simply open the door, throw it in, and close the door. In this way, you can view the MHM food digester as a bottomless bucket.
The motor on the MHM food digester won’t run while the door is open for safety. Your operation can be streamlined because large bins and plastic bags are no longer needed to hold waste food. Instead, smaller bins are used that help avoid injuries to employees.
All configuration, indications, reports, and statistics are available through the touchscreen. The operator doesn’t need to use the touchscreen and for most applications, the default settings work well. All configurable parameters are protected by a password.
Load cells on each corner of the MHM food digester accurately weigh the amount of waste food in the MHM food digester, the amount that is ingested (added), and the amount that is digested (expelled). This data is automatically stored and reported graphically and numerically. The data can be viewed by the hour, day, week, month, and year.
As the operator adds waste into the MHM food digester, the touch screen indicates how much more can be added. When the door is closed the MHM food digester indicates with a bright LED when more waste can be added with a simple green indication. As waste is added, the indication becomes yellow when no more waste should be added and red if the operator overloads the MHM food digester.
The amount of food that can be decomposed depends on the type of food, the frequency with which it is added to the machine, and the duration of the working day. The rated capacity of a machine is based on a mixture of raw and cooked food as may be found in a typical restaurant added over a 12 hour to 16 hour working day. The upper capacities in the table above assume that you add waste food over a 24 hour working day. Cooked rice, pasta, or bread are some of the foods that are rapidly decomposed and if added in equal portions throughout the day then the capacities can be more than those listed in the table above.
- Ethernet: RJ45, 100 baseT, DHCP or fixed IP address
- Operating environment: indoors or covered patio
- Operating temperature: 4°C to +35°C (39°F to 95°F)
- Ingress protection: IP54 – splash proof and dust proof
- Operating lifetime: expected to be 15 to 25 years
- Warranty: three years on all parts and components
- Safety: certified to UL430 (waste disposal machines); CAN/CSA- C22.2 No. 60335-1:11 and EN 60335-1:2010+AMD1:2013 (general safety); CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60335-2-16:16 and
EN 60335-2-16 :2002+A1:2008+A2:2011 (waste food disposers)
- RoHS: compliant for EU
The MHM food digester is usually installed inside the area where the food is prepared or it can be placed outside under a suitable protective cover. The machine has castors so it can be rolled into position. The feet on the load cells are then lowered onto the supplied rubber pads that help to reduce vibrations and noise.
The MHM food digester requires hot and cold water input and a 11⁄4” to 3” drain out (depending on model). It also requires an electrical supply.